What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is the straightening of teeth to improve the appearance of the smile and the face or to correct disordered bites.
It is a great way to rectify crowded or misaligned teeth. Aside from the cosmetic benefits, straight teeth are also easier to clean which improves gum health and can prevent dental disease.
We are accredited to use Invisalign®, Clarity ADVANCED clear braces, Incognito Lingual Appliances, Six Month Smiles and Inman Aligners, as well as all the other leading technologies to suit your individual requirements and budget.
Watch our Orthodontics video
Treatment for adults and children
Orthodontic treatment is growing in popularity and it’s not unusual for individuals who have worn braces in the past to develop mild irregularities later on in life and this is often due to the lack of retainer wear.
Our specialist orthodontist at 92 Dental in Hammersmith uses the latest technologies to deliver bespoke orthodontic care. This allows adults and children to choose from a selection of discrete braces to achieve healthy looking smiles.
Children can be seen for an initial assessment from about nine years of age or earlier on the recommendation of your dentist. There is no age limit to undergoing a course of orthodontic treatment, although some problems may benefit from early treatment. Dental literature has reported that more than half of all 12-year-old children would benefit from orthodontic treatment.
Types of orthodontic treatment
Modern orthodontic treatment comes in two different types; Fixed braces and removable braces.
Lingual braces – are a great option if you want a predictable outcome while keeping treatment as discreet as possible. The brace is fixed to the back of the teeth and the brackets are individually made to minimise interference with your tongue. They can offer advantages over clear plastic aligners like Invisalign, notable being a hidden fixed brace they are more versatile and suitable for complex treatments.
Clear braces – More discreet than conventional braces and fixed to the outside of the teeth they are available with clear brackets and tooth coloured wire that blend in with your teeth, as opposed to standard metal braces and wires.
Clear aligners – some people favour more discreet removable options and systems like Invisalign use a series of clear aligners that can be taken out for eating and cleaning. They are replaced at regular intervals applying pressure to move the teeth into the desired position. They are less visible and a less invasive alternative to fixed braces.
- BEFORE BRACES
- AFTER BRACES
Why choose a specialist orthodontist at 92 Dental for your treatment?
- We provide teeth straightening solutions with the precision and reliability you can only expect from a specialist orthodontist.
- Orthodontics is a speciality of dentistry with its own specialist register with the General Dental Council.
- Specialist orthodontists have completed extra training and have experience covering all types of cases and treatments.
- Many general practitioners carry out orthodontic treatment but they are not specialists in tooth movement.
- We have a Consultant Orthodontist on our team who has more than 20 year’s experience. He has personally treated or directly supervised more than 3,000 orthodontic cases, including individuals with complex issues
- Experts in fixed braces and clear aligner treatment
- More choice for your orthodontic treatment
- No waiting lists
- We will look after you really well
At 92 Dental, we offer expert care and many orthodontic treatment options to suit your individual requirements and budget. These will be discussed with you in detail during your initial consultation with our orthodontist.
To help you, here is a quick overview of the main types of treatment that we offer, please click on the links below:
How much does Orthodontic treatment cost at 92 Dental?
The price of orthodontic treatment depends on the kind of treatment that you are getting and how complex your case is.
For a full list of our treatments and prices please click here: FEES
If you are interested in having teeth straightening treatment, please call us on 020 8748 1381.
Book a consultation
If you are interested in having teeth straightening treatment book a consultation. Tell us what you would like to achieve, ask any questions and our specialists and team will discuss your options and provide clear costs and payment options
Meet Our Specialist
GDC No. 74406
BDS, MSc, MOrth, FDS (Orth) RCs Eng.BDS (Honours) - University of Newcastle Upon TyneMSc (Distinction) - University of LondonMOrth and FDS (Orth) - The Royal College of Surgeons, England
- 22 years experience in Orthodontics
- Treated and supervised over 3,000 complex orthodontic cases
- Specialist orthodontist and consultant in a teaching hospital